Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Understanding Real Estate: What are the Utility Service Providers for Greater Lansing?

The Selling Team knows moving can be stressful.  There are so many different tasks to complete before the day of closing.  One very important one is to have the utilities transferred into or out of your name, effective the day of closing.  Below is a list of the common utility service providers for the Greater Lansing Area.  Please, if you stumble upon an incorrect number, or know of a company that should be listed, please let us know so we can update the list for everyone.     

Gas Company

Consumer’s Energy: 1-800-477-5050

Rural Gas: (Grand Ledge) 517-627-3443

Detroit Edison: 1-800-477-4747

Schafer Petroleum 989-593-3550

Pohl Oil 989-587-3291

Electric Companies
Board of Water & Light (BWL): 517-702-6006
Lansing, East Lansing, Parts of: Bath Township, Delhi Township, Delta Township, DeWitt Township, Lansing Township, Meridian Township, Windsor Township, and Watertown Township.

City of Portland: 517-647-3205

Consumer’s Energy: 1-800-477-5050

Detroit Edison: 1-800-477-4747 service map

Water & Sewage

BWL: Board of Water & Light: 517-702-6006
City of Lansing, City of DeWitt, Parts of: Delhi Township, DeWitt Township, Lansing Township, Windsor Township, Bath Township, and Watertown Township.

Charlotte (City): 517-543-8838

City of Lansing: 517-483-4455

Delhi Township (Holt): 517-694-0333 (Treasurer's Office)

Delta Township: 517-323-8510 (Billing), 517-323-8570  (Emergencies)

DeWitt (City) 517-669-2441
DeWitt Township: for sewer services: (Treasure's Office) 517-668-1411
            Or Southern Clinton County Municipal Utilities Authority: 517-669-8311

Dimondale (Village and billing for Windsor Townhip): 517-646-0230

City of East Lansing: 517-319-6890 or 517-337-1731

Eaton Rapids - City: 517-663-8118

Grand Ledge (City Hall): 517-627-2149 / form required
            Or after 5 pm weekends and holidays 1-517-483-7136
Lansing Township (Westside Water): 517-485-5470

Lansing City: 517-483-4455

Mason: 517-676-9155

Meridian Township (Okemos and Haslett) 517-853-4120

Mulliken City (local Townships): will receive bill after property transfer affadavit has been received

Mulliken (Village): 

Perry: 517-625-4500

Potterville: 517-645-7641

St. Johns: 989-224-8944

Watertown Charter Township 517-626-6593 x207 (sewer)

Williamston City: 517-655-2774

Garbage Pick Up and Recycling

Clinton County (St. Johns): 989-224-5186

Delta Township (Recycling): 517-323-8500

East Lansing517-337-9459

Eaton County: 517-543-7500 x7

Granger Container (Most Areas): 517-372-2800

Ingham County (Hazardous Materials Only): 517-887-4312

Lansing City517-483-4400

Mason: 517-676-9155 (trash pick up only)

Waste Management: 1-800-796-9696

Telephone Companies & Long Distance Carriers

SBC Michigan (Home Service): 1-800-244-4444
SBC Michigan (Small Business): 1-800-660-3000
SBC Michigan (Medium to Large Business): 1-800-480-8088

AT&T (Home): 1-800-222-0300
AT&T (Business): 1-800-222-0400

Century Telephone Midwest (Home): 1-800-872-4016
Century Telephone Midwest (Business): 1-800-872-4017

GTE: 1-800-483-50000

MCI: 1-800-950-5555

Sprint (Home): 1-800-877-7746
Sprint (Business): 1-800-877-2000

Quest: 1-800-860-1020

Cable Companies

Broad Stripe: 1-800-444-6997

Cable Competitors (Owosso): 1-888-463-4288

Cable Vision (St. Johns) 1-989-224-8914

Comcast: 1-800-824-2000

Millennium Digital Media: 1-800-444-6997

Rural TV of Michigan: 1-517-647-1760


1 comment:

  1. Effective 1/28/2014 The City of Grand Ledge Town Hall has moved to 310 Greenwood. There is a drop box facing Clinton Street for the Utility Activation request.